Thursday, April 9, 2009

Still Celebrating!!!


We are still celebrating. I just had to put her photo on this post too so I can see her when I open this. :)
I forgot to write what we will call her. We will name her Emmalia Katherine XiaYan Hughes. Emma was my mom's Grandma and her 2 aunts on both sides. Great Grandma Emma actually named a daughter of hers Emma. One of my mom's mom's middle names was Amelia, so we are incorporating that. And we love the name Emmalia. Katherine was my mom's other Grandma's name. We will call her XiaYan until she is formally ours, then slowly transition to calling her Emma-Kate. Or "Emma-Cakes" as Josie and Asher say. So we started calling Josie "JoJo-Pie". We need a good dessert name for Asher so if you have a suggestion leave it in the comments.
We have been very nervous because it was the day after sending in our Letter of Intent that we were told we weren't moving June-Sept as we have been told for 6 months, and Dave would be sent to Iraq in Nov. We had been told it was taking 7 months for the process. So that was just bad. Since we got our PA quickly, pretty much a month early, that moves our estimate to mid-October. Yippppeeeeee!!!
Grandma Cookie comes tonight (oh good dessert name). So Asher is getting a haircut, then we have to set up her bed. And the fridge broke again so we will need to forego the trip to Honey Baked Ham and move all the food to the garage fridge. Never a dull momment.


1 comment:

Allen and Dawn said...

Amanda,
Congratulations! I just checked your blog. What a cutie! I would love to hear all about her. For some reason, I can't find your
e-mail address. I have no idea how it got deleted. Blessings to all of you!
Dawn