Saturday, May 16, 2009

Giving Birth & Adoption

I just visited a blog that has this quote at the top:

"Giving Birth is an act of Nature, Adoption is an act of God" - unknown

Well, I just don't know what to think about that. OK, that's a lie. When do I not have an opinion? God is the Creator of life and that means in my womb, or a birthmother's womb. It is a life He has a purpose for from conception. And since I have carried 3 lives and birthed them all, believe me it is a miracle they get in there and a miracle they get out of there. God has had His hand on the "process" from before conception. And it is the same with adoption. To an extent I kind of feel like the process is even more out of my hands since I know approximately when a baby will be born, but with adoption I have no clue if it will ever happen. I always knew when I hit 24 weeks that the life would be viable outside the womb so I always waited for that timeframe. Then I waited for the 36 weeks mark to know that the baby was full term. But birthing is a bit scary. I always yearn for that first scream. With the adoption I have no clue what month it will be. I am actually praying that she won't scream when we meet her. How I would love to hear "Mama". Truly both ways to add to your family are an act of God.

No comments: